I trust all is well in your life this week. I’m truly blessed as I think about all that God is up to at OHC. Our church is making a difference here and around the world. We are living out our vision to be- Authentic followers of Jesus, committed to impacting our world. I’m confident that Jesus is guiding all that we are about and it is so exciting.
This past Sunday we began an important month of focus for ministry as we prepare for a great summer. I shared in both services the need for us to respond with generosity to those affected by the tornadoes that devastated so much. If you weren’t here please plan on giving above your regular tithes and offering to the special need.
Now, I’m very excited that we will be dedicating six of our newest babies this coming Sunday on Mother’s day. Please make plans to be here and invite your mom if she lives in the area. It’s going to be a great Sunday.
Tomorrow night we continue our study of Mighty Men as we look at Elisha in his challenge of dealing with a difficult challenge. I invite you to join me at 6:45. This series will continue through May 18 and then we take a two week break. I’m very excited about our summer study during mid-week which will be focused on a great study related to prayer. The study will carry us through multiple aspects of prayer and give us a foundation for all that we do in life. Pastor Larry will lead this study and I assure you it will be awesome.
The weekend of May 14-15 promises to be really awesome as we have several key events going on.
1. For our Men—you journey down to watch the Braves play the Phillies! Sign up in the lobby.
2. For our church family—-we travel to Big Oak ranch to minister and be blessed by this wonderful ministry!
3. For our ladies-a special shower is planned for all the needs we have in the nursery and children’s area-get a list from the lobby.
4. For our seniors…we recognize them in the 2nd hour of worship!
5. Finally—we have amazing services planned for that weekend.
Finally, I’ve been truly blessed to study and prepare for our current series on LifeSkills! I trust you are already gaining new insights into living more effectively while focusing on what counts.
I’m so blessed to be your pastor and friend-