Are you operating with confidence in the midst of this crisis? Often a crisis can lead to a time of uncertainty and a lack of confidence. As we look at these passages in Philippians, we can see that Paul writes about this very subject. You can actually gain confidence during times of crisis if you have the right perspective. Disruptions can lead to direction while challenges can lead to conviction. Frustration can lead to Focus and emotion lead to wisdom. Let’s look at these passages.
- “For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.” Philippians 1:6
- “For me to live is Christ and to die is gain” Philippians 1:21
- “Only conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ.” Philippians 1:27a
- “Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 2:5
If we look deeper into this rich text from Paul in the book of Philippians, we see three focal points to consider in a call to confidence in confounding times.
First, we must have the right perspective which is our view of the world around us. This means an eternal focus. It also means we must anticipate progress, that God is going to work through this crisis. And then finally, we have to choose to abound in His goodness and grace during this time.
Second, we need to have an effective lifestyle and that is our conduct. How we act as believers during the crisis. We have to get a grip and determine our true value and the value of others. This comes from a disciplined heart and be relaxing that we will suffer.
Finally, we have to develop a Godly attitude and that is our living faith. That happens when we have a clear purpose, we embrace humility and we maintain a “Jesus-focus.”
Look at these additional scriptures for further study.
- “By this, love is perfected with us, so that we have confidence in the day of judgment; Because as He is, so also are we in the world.” I John 4:17
- “This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.” I John 5:14
- “Therefore, let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and grace to help in time of need.” Hebrews 4:16
We must choose! Will you choose confidence? If so then you will operate with a living faith!